Privacy & Cookies Policy
Harrington Woodfuel Co. Limited trading as Harrington WoodFuel Co. ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We gather/use and keep information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all relevant regulations.
This policy and any other documents referred to sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Harrington Woodfuel Co. Limited of c/o Friend Partnership Limited, Eleven Brindleyplace, 2 Brunswick Square, Birmingham, B1 2LP.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.harrington-wf.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of placing an order, subscribing to our service, or requesting further information and/or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
Session cookies allow us to track your actions during a single browser session, for example to remember the items returned from a search. They do not remain on your device beyond your session.
Persistent cookies remain on your device between sessions and allow us to authenticate you and to remember your preferences. We also use them to balance the load on our servers and thus to enhance your experience on our website.
Session and persistent cookies can be either first or third-party cookies - a first-party cookie is set by the website being visited. A third-party cookie is issued by a different website to that being visited.
Our website uses a mixture of first-party, session and persistent cookies to deliver its services efficiently and to enhance your experience. Third-party cookies may be used by our payment processing service when placing an order and by a search engine optimisation / analytics service to gather anonymised information for the benefit of all web users. We do not use behavioural targeting cookies. All our cookies fall within the ICC classifications Strictly Necessary, Functionality and Performance and none within the classification Behavioural Targeting.
If at any time you wish to disable our cookies you may do so through the settings on your browser, but if you do so you will not be able to use certain important features of our service.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We will not pass your details to any third party for marketing purposes.
We will contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) and/or by post with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006) for the performance of any contract we enter into with you; and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Harrington Woodfuel Co. Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Changes to our privacy and cookies policy
Any changes we may make to our privacy and cookies policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy and cookies policy.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy and cookies policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com.